Moved into my/our own place, made pickles, lots of public speaking (willingly, too), made a terrarium.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't usually do resolutions. Last year I was trying to do one nice thing for myself each day (at least), and didn't manage that. This year I hope to leave the house at least once each day. Maybe 50% success rate so far?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. I guess that's a relief, in some ways.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
An addition to our family; a diagnosis.
6. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nothing too specific this year. 24, 26th November and 9th December from last year.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hard to decide between making this place liveable before we moved in, getting it to a pleasant state, or getting a job.
8. What was your biggest failure?
Not managing to do something nice for myself each day.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing different to usual (tired and sore). Diagnosed with Vitamin D deficiency; no apparent thyroid problems; possible genetic issue, but I don't have the results from that test yet. My sister tested positive at the end of 2013 though.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
11. Where did most of your money go?
Rent/bills, food, clothes. Nothing particularly exciting beyond dresses and bras that fit.
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Bra fitting! Going on holidays! Pickles! BEING FINISHED WITH MY DEGREE OFFICIALLY!
13. What song(s) will always remind you of 2013?
Cups - Anna Kendrick (When I'm Gone); Royals - Lorde; Miley Cyrus generally - Jolene, Wrecking Ball, We Can't Stop; Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke; Lana Dey Rey generally, especially Summertime Sadness, Bel Air, and Young and Beautiful.
14. Compared to this time last year, you are:
15. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Handwriting/calligraphy, being outdoors, interesting cooking.
16. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Flopping in front of the internet, rather than a notebook.
17. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing this year, really. Getting more into Lana Dey Rey and Tom Dickins.
18. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
23. Nothing I can think of. Dinner with my mother, sister, and G at her local Japanese restaurant.
19. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being on speaking terms with my father? Knowing what on earth was going on there would be good. Seeing friends. Leaving the house. Maybe even leaving the house to see friends.
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Clothes. On. Nana-clothes. Probably because I got a bunch of Nanna's clothes from her in the first six months of the year.
21. What kept you sane?
Distance, and G.
22. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election, conservatives, and people who decided Abbott was better than the alternative.
23. Who did you miss?
24. Who was the best new person(s) you met?
The WordPress community. They're pretty cool.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
I got much better at working out what I had the energy for, and scheduling around it. I also learned that I can pull on future spoons if they are really necessary.
This entry was originally posted at http://rain-and-snow.dreamwidth.org/7120